Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WHAR'S THE BEEF???

Whar's the Beef? you say...It's in Allen, Texas of course!
Cattle Drive Allen TX
 Allen Event Center
Katie and I attended the 2010 Rancher's Reserve Cattle Drive festivities culminating at the Allen Event Center this morning.  The cattle drive is one of the FREE activities associated with the Texas Stampede Event.  In its 10th year, the Texas Stampede has helped thousands of families by raising money for Children's Medical Center of Dallas.  This is the first year it will be held in Allen, Texas.  The American Airlines Center in Dallas hosted the first 9 events.  
I welcome this event to the community as a volunteer, but also because my family has personally benefited from the excellent medical care at Children's.  It's a cause I can believe in!


Of course, this beef would be about as tender as 3-day-old boots fresh off the press.  If you want fresh, grass-fed beef and all the wholesome, natural fixins you can now find them across the street at WHOLE FOODS MARKET in the Villages of Fairview.  Whole Foods has scheduled a Grand Opening for Monday, Whole Foods MarketNovember 1st.  The Heard Museum of Natural Science will be on hand to provide activities and information for the kids.  I may/may not attend the Grand Opening, but I can tell you that I WILL be shopping there!

Did I mention that Katie had her Cowgirl Bling too?  Is she just too cute or what?? 
Katie

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment